It has been three months since my last goals update. I think that growing a human is a pretty good excuse for not picking up my PowerSheets, so let’s just go with that, shall we? I’ve been feeling a ton better lately, so I’m jumping back on the train this month and starting fresh. There’s nothing special about January 1, remember?
I’m not even going to bother talking about my last set of goals since it was so long ago, but I do want to count the fruit from the last few months before we get into what May is going to look like.
LET’S COUNT THE FRUIT.
- We’re having a baby, y’all. The last couple months have been rough, but now that I’m officially out of the first trimester, I’m at least starting to feel better. Tyler and I are so excited to welcome a little one into our family and we can’t wait for November! [you can read all my baby posts here]
- I’m slowly starting to ease back into volunteering at church. Since I work here full time, one of the hardest adjustments has been drawing the line between my work life at church and my volunteer life. For the first two years I said no to a lot of things, but now that I’m starting my third I know what my boundaries are and when too much is too much. Right now I’m still on the worship team twice a month and I’ve started working on the social media end of our new foster care ministry.
- It’s been raining a lot lately. Honestly, I really love the rain. We sleep with our window open and falling asleep and waking up to the sound of rain is one of my favorite things. I love sitting out on our screened-in front porch when it’s raining. UGH. It’s just so good.
- MAIN FOCUS: Intentionally practice self-care. Right now, that means taking naps when I need to, reading for pleasure more often, letting myself watch TV, and keeping my house clean.
- Judge at Fine Arts. The district that my church is part of has a fine arts competition with tons of different categories and they were looking for a photography judge, so I said yes! It’ll be a lot of fun and a nice time to listen to an audiobook on the drive.
- Kick off wedding season with a bang! Van and I have our first wedding of the season on May 20 and we’re super excited to get back into the groove of wedding’ing.
- Get away with Tyler for a weekend. My mother-in-law got us a gift card for a hotel/waterpark about an hour away from us and we’re finally using it! We’re excited to spend some time in a city we’ve been to a ton, but still have more to explore.
- Schedule 16 week prenatal appointment.
- Read 5+ books. I’ve slowed down on reading the last month and I want to get back in the groove!
- Order new camera! We’re getting our tax return back this month and I get to use it to by a new camera for the first time in 7 years! It’s been looong overdue.
- Post to the blog at least once.
- Get out on the porch.
- Clean + declutter one room.
- Time with Jesus.
- Read for fun.
As you can tell, I’m focusing more on my monthly goals instead of weekly and daily at this point. I was getting discouraged when I wouldn’t get them done, so I’m paring down to see what my sweet spot is.
As most of you know, I use PowerSheets to intentionally set goals each month. Today the Cultivate What Matter Shop is launching their 2017 Summer Collection including their Fruitful Summer Bundle (a 6-month PowerSheets set, Fruitful Friendships workbook, postcards, and a mini print). If you’ve wanted to get going on intentional and grace-filled goal setting, GET OVER THERE AND GET YOUR POWERSHEETS. I seriously had never set goals before I had PowerSheets. You need them.